General Statement of Duties
Are you passionate and excited about changing how healthcare is delivered? Do you have a get-up-and-go, high-energy, fire-starting personality that thrives on hunting down new business? If so, then you are what we are looking for! We are seeking an exceptional candidate to join our team and help our organization grow! The Solutions Specialist is responsible for driving new business across all lines of service. The ideal candidate must have the ability to identify new account opportunities and define the solution to meet the account’s needs. The Solutions Specialist drive results within a complex sales cycle.
The Solutions Specialist will be required to have foundational knowledge of all current and core service offerings. Candidates should be action-oriented, driven by results, and able to make sound and timely decisions in a complex solution selling environment. The Solutions Specialist must demonstrate exceptional customer-focus and be confident in written and verbal communication. The ideal candidate must have the ability to identify new account opportunities and define the solution to meet the account’s needs. The Solutions Specialist will need to demonstrate extensive experience in successfully overachieving against a revenue quota with the ability to drive results within a complex sales cycle.
This is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Business Development Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and leads processes and resources to engage in proactive lead generation and sales. Utilize HTW leads system and network of professional contacts.
- Participates in processes by which HealthTeamWorks responds to RFPs from government, foundation, and commercial institutions.
- Creates an individual sales plan for achievement of sales quota and goals.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s programs/services.
- Participates in educational workshops and conferences to expand personal network and improve on existing job knowledge.
- Researches and analyzes market for developing prospective customers and partners.
- Develops clear, effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Organizes periodic meetings with teams to review activities and re-strategize in order to optimize productivity.
- Coordinates sales efforts with HealthTeamWorks marketing and delivery teams.
- Documents sales activities by completing Salesforce reports, using SharePoint and other reporting mechanisms as requested.
- Maintains professional proficiency by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and/or participating in professional societies.
The Solutions Specialist requires the ability to balance the work of a typical office environment in a virtual setting 100% of the time, professionally managing multiple deadlines and interruptions to on-going work activities.
Local travel will be required 20-30% of the time with occasional national travel.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent written communication skills; expressing ideas clearly and concisely in a well-organized manner.
- A flexible, courageous and positive attitude about unexpected changes and fluctuating workload.
- Ability to work autonomously in a virtual work environment.
- Utilize active listening, asking questions and holding views lightly in interaction with others to create a learning culture.
- Participate actively in meetings by being fully present and asking intentional questions.
- Support organization’s goals and values by fostering teamwork within teams, across teams and departments; see internal and external collaborators as equal clients.
- Manage time effectively and prioritize competing demands in order to meet organizational goals and seek to meet and respect deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking, analytic, strategic and “big picture” skills necessary.
- Be professional in appearance and presentation by being one time, reacting well under pressure, and having proactive responses and communications with others via e-mail and phone.
- Maintain collegial relationships with initiative leadership, collaborating organizations, funders, vendors and HealthTeamWorks Staff.
- Hunter sales mentality and ability to establish and maintain relationships.
- Excellent computer skills required, particularly related to Microsoft applications Word, Access, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of CRM technology such as Salesforce.
- Comfort with exploring and learning to use new or unfamiliar applications or databases.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 5+ years proven sales experience is required, preferably in direct customer field sales. Selling to the healthcare industry is a plus. Candidate must have extremely strong skills in initiating executive-level contacts in accounts, securing sales opportunities, and successfully closing on large campaigns. Candidate must leverage “solution selling” skills in securing high-end solutions with their customers.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business or related field.
- Our strongest preference is a courageous, innovative and motivated contributor.
- A valid U.S. driver’s license, personal vehicle and insurance is required.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.