HealthTeamWorks is participating in the 2nd cohort of the Colorado State Innovation Model as a Practice Transformation Organization. The Colorado State Innovation Model provides assistance in integrating behavioral health and primary care to help practices achieve the Quadruple Aim and strives to move practices along the continuum of integrated care. Participating practices receive support to integrate behavioral health into existing care models, embed advanced primary care concepts into practice and test alternative payment models in preparation for the delivery of value-based care. With more than 10 years of formal practice transformation experience at the local, regional and national levels, our approach creates sustainable improvements in primary and specialty care. We partner with practices to achieve comprehensive patient-centered care, including cultural and leadership transformation, staff and patient engagement, quality improvement and health information technology support.
Primary care practices selected to participate in SIM receive considerable free support including:
• A practice facilitator from HealthTeamWorks to guide your practice improvement team in ongoing change and quality improvement activities
• A clinical health information technology advisor (CHITA) from HealthTeamWorks to help your practice optimize technology and turn data into actionable information
• Access to a regional health connector, who connects your practice to relevant community and state resources
• Access to MGMA’s DataDive®, an online data benchmarking tool
• Additional technical assistance the University of Colorado
• Opportunity to earn achievement-based payments of up to $13,000 for meeting key activities and milestones
• Apply for additional small grant funding of up to $40,000 to support integration efforts
• Participate in twice-yearly collaborative learning sessions to earn maintenance of certification and continuing medical education credits
• Commitment from at least one payer to support your practice with a value-based payment model
Benefits of participating in SIM include:
• Expert in-practice coaching from HealthTeamWorks’ practice facilitators to help you develop high-functioning care teams and prepare to succeed in the Medicare Quality Payment Program
• Robust health information technology support from HealthTeamWorks’ CHITAs to help you connect to a health information exchange, understand how to pull reports out of the EHR, navigate the documentation workflows for quality measures, perform data validation activities and set goals for improving clinical quality measures.
• Access and understanding to aggregated claims data to improve population health management
• Reductions in inappropriate use of medical services such as emergency department visits and hospitalizations when you integrate behavioral healthcare into practice
The application for Cohort 2 of Colorado SIM has just been released. When applying, if you would like to receive coaching and technical support from HealthTeamWorks, please select HealthTeamWorks as your Practice Facilitator (PF) and Clinical Health IT Advisor (CHITA).
For more specific programmatic questions, contact Shelli James, a HealthTeamWorks Practice Facilitator for this project. She can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, you can also reference the Colorado State Innovation Model program page at https://www.colorado.gov/healthinnovation.