In 2017 Medicare will roll out the largest change to Medicare Part B payment since 1997 through the implementation of the Quality Payment Program (QPP) in an effort to drive clinician engagement and enhance the quality, cost effectiveness and health of the population. The Colorado QPP Coalition has been formed to help clinicians* and their practice teams successfully transition to the new program.
HealthTeamWorks has joined other Coalition members, listed below, and we are united in a mission to:
- Increase QPP awareness among Colorado health care providers using common messaging
- Organize education efforts
- Coordinate effective and efficient technical assistance for physician practices
Please join us on Thursday, February 16th at 12:15 pm Mountain time to learn the basics of the Quality Payment Program, including the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and the Advanced Alternative Payment Model tracks, and the support available to navigate and succeed in Medicare’s value-based program.
Click here to register: https://qualitynet.webex.com/qualitynet/onstage/g.php?MTID=ecd23b71be26e8229c89c743e611b3d6d
Colorado QPP Coalition members as of 2016:
- Aurora-Adams County Medical Society
- Colorado Academy of Family Physicians
- Colorado Community Health Network
- Colorado Health Extension System
- Colorado Medical Group Management Association
- Colorado Medical Society
- Colorado State Innovation Model Office
- Denver Medical Society
- Department of Family Medicine – Anschutz Campus
- Hilltop Family Physicians
- Region VIII Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans
The Colorado QPP Coalition will make resources, training and technical assistance accessible to clinicians and their team via an organized multi-media educational campaign. The coalition will provide a robust training curriculum beginning in early 2017 through the end of at least 2018.
*2017 Quality Payment Program Eligible Clinicians include: Physician, Physician assistant, Nurse practitioner, Clinical nurse specialist, Certified registered nurse anesthetist.